Home About Love Story Belly Shots Birth Stories Sponsor Contact

9.18.2013

back to school with pillsbury biscuits


Even though my son is only 3 
and he just started school for the first time this year we still had to prepare
for him going "back" to school. 
So we started thinking about quick + easy dinners that we could make
because we are super busy with Zane going to school 
and we are getting both kids into gymnastics.
So we are going to have after school activities to be running to. 
I started searching pinterest for great quick recipes 
and then I got accepted for this Pillsbury Biscuits series,
I was super excited because
I was going to be getting new recipes to try that were quick!
That's super important to me now that we have school
and we might have to eat a little later than usual.
I also want things that my son is going to love, which he is not a picky eater
so it's not too hard to please him.


I think that crock-pot recipes are definitely my go to for quick dinners.
I like to make pot roast, pork, chili, and many other things in the crock-pot.
You can put it in in the morning and it's ready for you when it's time to eat.
So if you have a late practice that you're getting home from
you can still have a nutritional meal already cooked!
I also like dinners that can be prepared in 30 minutes or less.
Tacos, enchiladas, homemade pizza, casseroles
and pasta are always great options for under 30 minutes.
Also soup and sandwiches/salad in the fall is my favorite comfort food dinner
that I make for my family.

I went through the recipes they provided for us
and I knew almost immediately
that I definitely wanted to try the Taco Melts.
They are right up our alley.
We all love Mexican food and
this is a great fast + easy way to make that for my family.
You can find the recipe here.
Trust me it was absolutely delicious.


I modified the recipe a bit.
I added green chiles and mushrooms
and we used our favorite kind of salsa from Reser's.
We all loved it
and will for sure be making it again in the future.


I highly recommend that you all go download Pillsbury recipe booklet
and don't forget after you try one of the recipes
share it with everyone you know!


I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective
The content and opinions expressed here are all my own and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of General Mills. 
Compensation was provided by General Mills via Clever Girls Collective.

No comments:

Quote PiYo CHALLENGE PACK: DEFINE YOURSELF AND TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THIS SPECIAL INTRODUCTORY OFFER!
Blogging tips